11 March 2009

Things are different

Since I've been home in Florida I have seem to forgotten how different Florida is from North Carolina... So I have made a list-

1. No one has a twang here. If you do have one you are considered foriegn!
2. They drive faster. "I'm not speeding I'm just going with the flow of traffic," my mom always says.
3. All the old people. Go to Publix before school gets out and it's like the convalescent home is on a field trip. Heck our street has more senior citizens than young people on it.
4. They dress different. Doesn't matter what time of year, you will always find people wearing floral print or bright color clothing and those ugly floppy hats with a fish hook in it.
5. Publix, Bealls, Burdines...
6. The asphalt is a different color. I think its because there is shell in it and then maybe the sun bleaches it?
7. There's no parking on the side of the road.. this is for the city I live in.
8. Students can skip a half day of school and go to the beach.
9. Hibiscus Plants.
10. Everything is still green and it's early March!
11. The houses are made of stucco or concrete.
12. Bathing suits are being sold.
13. There's no orange clay on the side of the roads... Only whitish gray dirt.
14. Its SO FLAT!
15. There's more of a diverse mix of Latinos other than Mexicans.

I Love the difference, but I miss my home in NC. Oh, Florida!

2 comments:

Amy Reece Spahr said...

LOVE the new look!!!

Heather said...

i laughed out loud...in a quiet library...when i read the one about publix before school gets out...and i too love things about florida that you can only find here...