03 March 2009

Just a thought

So I thought of this last night as my friend, Lauren, and I watched a tv show. There were two people; a man and woman. They were in love with each other. The man got down on one knee and with a twinkle in his eye, he proposed to the woman and the love-drunk couple hugged, kissed, and stared into each others eyes. Now pause that scene. If that were me... where would Jesus be in that situation? This is literally what I thought as I saw the couple envelope in their love. I understood that verse in Matthew where Jesus says that if possible it is good for a man not to marry. We are asked to live lives that are centered around Jesus. As a single it's tough at times, I can't imagine what it's like married. What does it mean to have Jesus at the center of your relationship? I am not saying by any means that I do not want to get married. I can't wait for the day that I meet someone who I will share the rest of my life with. It excites me! I just am curious about making Jesus the center of it. Any comments will be well received.

No comments: