27 May 2010

Move Your Body!

"Stop Dieting, Start Living" That's the Weight Watchers motto. It really is all about changing your lifestyle. Like I've said in previous posts.. I love food. It's sort of an unhealthy relationship that I just cant get enough of. But like all bad relationships, they lead to death. I don't want my hunger for food (pun intended) to lead me to future health problems and an early death. Changing this lifestyle has been rough, just like any change in lifestyle. For me, its like trying to stop a semi truck (tata truck for all my Indian buddies) and pushing it backwards. But the future outcome is worth the fight. And I'm winning! Last week I lost 2 more pounds bringing my total to 5.2 pounds lost!! Hooray! Since having lost weight, in India and now, I am seeing results in more areas than just my old clothes not fitting-
* My sciatic nerve pain is gone!
* I have fewer lower back strains!
* My skin looks healthier
* There's a new beauty being exposed!

This week's meeting was about exercise and how we can lose weight by changing our eating habits, but we can only get tone and more healthy from daily exercise (and enhance weight loss too). I need to kick the laziness out of my life and make moving my body a daily occurrence. I've been overweight for most my life and I want to reach a healthy weight, maintain it and create a healthy environment in my body. I wanna be that 90 year old granny that still can bust a move:)

"Exercise is the best gift you can give yourself. It helps you to take care of yourself, to feel better, and to be stronger."
-Lisa (a weight watchers member)


No comments: