12 May 2010

The Journey: Day Two

Day two of converting into a healthy eater and I feel good! The evenings are the time where I usually get the hungriest. Being on Weight Watchers point system, really opens my eyes to how bad certain foods are for you. Take for instance this-
This is one small pizza that comes to a whopping 10 points!
and then this soup I made today... Zero points!

(Let me introduce you to the point system... it takes the calories, fat grams and grams of fiber and gives the food a score. I am allotted 31 points each day. They determine this through my age, weight, gender and physical activity. I also get an extra 35 points each week.)
This system is helping me find the things that are a better choice for me... like alternatives!
Here's an example of two sandwiches that have the same point value, just one is more nutritious and filling-
Well, my boots are still tied up tight and I am still trekking on this journey! I'll let you know of my success soon:)

No comments: