18 May 2010

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!

Monday was the end to my first week on Weight Watchers. I went to weigh in with a lot of nervousness. I had used a lot of my "extra points" during the weekend. "Extra Points" are a set of points you can use throughout the week for special occasions... ie- eating out, parties or my indulgence, cheese cake! As I took off my shoes, you know to lessen my weight, I waited with baited breath for the woman to give me a smile. She did!! I lost 3.2 pounds! Although I was hoping for more, it was a loss and not a gain! And to top it off, my body feels good:)
This week I am adding exercise to my daily routine and hoping that next week I see positive results too.

On another note... I am back in Monroe, NC; my former residence. I will be here for three weeks serving as Todd and Vickie Hedgepeth's "Home Team". Check out their exciting story about their adoption of Gabi, a beautiful Togolese child- www.hedgepethsofmonroe.blogspot.com
My part of this unfolding story is staying with the kids while Todd and Vickie travel to Togo to pick up Gabi. I'm enjoying my time with Tootie! And Jack has been very well behaved:)

I'm still trying to figure this thing called life out. Twists and turns, bends and breaks, ups and downs all make up our paths. Some say when life gets tough it's our "climbing the mountain" times. I like to look at this time as my "Mt. Everest" time. It's a loooonnnggg trek to the top and the closer you get, the harder it becomes to breathe, I imagine your in lots pain and tempted to give up. But once you make it to the top, you've reached the highest point in the world! Talk about a mountain top experience. I just hope and pray its coming soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will come, but in His perfect time. Praying for you. Love and miss you lots!!! Lynn