10 May 2010

I'm starting a new journey!

I lost quite a bit of weight in India due to the change in diet (no processed foods), constant guzzling of water and the hilly terrain I trekked. The weight loss was great, I felt great, I looked great... but I did literally nothing extra to lose it. I have a strong love for food. I love anything starchy, meaty, cheesy, chocolaty, and buttery. I love to shop for food, cook food, and most of all.. devour it:)

After 2 months of being back in America I have gained almost half my weight back (not happy:(). In India I was just living life. I wasn't on any special diet. Heck, I even enjoyed a coke and bag of American Cream Style potato chips every now and then. But I lost weight and still was losing the day I left. But now living back in America, again am just living life, I am gaining weight rapidly. This makes me wonder about the health of the normal American diet. I have seen both sides and know that with making good choices in food and moving my body more, I won't have to rely on crash diets that make me cut out food I love and I won't have to stick to an Army work out routine.

So with all this said, I am setting out on another journey. This time it is a journey to healthy living and weight loss. I joined weight watchers tonight and plan on losing 40 lbs this summer. I hope I can make healthy food choices a habit. I'm tired of feeling, blah. So here I go... I hope this journey is full of success and I meet my goals!

No comments: