23 May 2010

Lucky Lou (1998-2010)

There are different people in this world. You can classify some as cat or dog people. Where as I like dogs, I think they're cute and fun, I am a hands-down cat person. My family had 5. They all have their own personalities and do some of the funniest things. Most of all they show a lot of affection to us. Last night my sister came home from work to find one of our oldest cats (12 yrs) very ill and just hours later she died.
Now I never thought I'd cry over a cat, but Lucky was a part of our family. She was the cat if I sat outside talking on the phone or just to get fresh air, she'd be right by my side loving on me the entire time. My dad loves to tend to his garden and plants and Lucky was his right hand girl. She followed him all around the yard, even would look into the engine of a car my dad would work on.
I realize animals do not have souls like us humans, but we can make an emotional connection with our pets. Good-bye Lucky... we have some great memories of you!

No comments: