24 October 2009

Song no. 1

Yesterday was a crazy day... emotionally. We went to the Charminar to pray and see the places that Human Trafficking is the worse here. My heart broke and stayed broken for some time. In the evening, after a meal with the base staff and fun watching tv and reading funny books to the children, I made my way up to my apartment. I was stopped, just like every time I come to my stairwell, by the group of children who live here. I was greeted with smiles and hugs. Oh, how I love their hugs:) After watching them perform some songs and dances for us, a little boy named Johnathan tugged on my pants and bashfully told me he wrote a song. We asked him if he'd like to sing it. Amy and I sat on the steps in awe as this little 7 year old belted out a beautiful song to Jesus. My heart melted and tears were in my eyes. Johnathan truly knows how to praise God... his words were beautiful and spoke truth. I see a little "David" in the making... his song was entitled, "Song No. 1".
**********

On a personal note.. I am doing better, PRAISE JESUS! Every day I have to give God my time here and trust that this will become home in due time. Great things are to come here in YWAM- Hyderabad. I am here until these things birth. I am excited to be apart of this new time!!! woot!

1 comment:

Alexandria said...

Awwww Kristina,

I'm so glad that you are having such a fun time in India.....and I hope it stays that way.

This is Brandie by the way--from bath and bodyworks