22 October 2009

Learning to Lean

If you could see my spiritual stature it would be a leaning one. I have been here in India for a week now and the biggest thing God has been teaching me... far bigger than how to adjust to the heat or food, much greater than understanding the culture... is how to lean on Him. I found right off that I can not do this alone. These two years will seem like ten if I do not learn to lean on Him. If I try to make this time here great by my might, I will fail. All I can do is surrender and let Jesus lead me on.

It's been a little rough, I must say. If you would have asked me if for saw these emotions coming... I would've looked at you strangely and laughed. I have never felt this way before.. ever! I did not know how much I took for granted having all my close friends near to me or the amazing YWAM family I had in Charlotte, NC. But growth doesn't come without pain... and this is my time to grow. I think that once I am done here in Hyderabad I will be a jewel! I will be refined and ready for the next step in my life. My prayer is that this time here is not wished away, but well spent and monumental in my life!

I love you, family and friends of mine! I'll upload pictures soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm soo proud of you and more importantly God is proud of you!! I'll be praying for you. Love Ya!! Lynn.