18 October 2009

Boom Boom Pow!

Last night was a Hindu festival called "Diwali"... the equivalent to Christian's Christmas. Man did they celebrate... fire crackers, fire works and the oh, so lovely, cherry bombs rang aloud all night long... and I mean it.. ALL NIGHT LONG. We sat on our roof as the Hindu's worshiped their false gods and prayed. Tears filled my eyes and sorrow in my heart. Oh, that they would be able to see! That their eyes would be unveiled!

A delicious chicken curry dinner from outside made for a not-so happy tummy today. It was spicy and good, but not home cooked. I think I will stick with eating food only made here at the base for now.

Tomorrow I start out working in the office and learning the processes of how things are done. I will also join my first Mercy Ministry tomorrow evening. Tonight we want to get together to pray for the trafficked women and children here in Hyderabad. I think God is going to do something big here. Actually, I know!

Please pray for me... transition is still a bit rough, both emotionally and physically. Pray for a quick acclimation! Love you all!

No comments: