09 October 2009

Free from junk; free to move about the world!

The other day I literally packed up everything. I wanted to see what kind of space I was looking at. Safe! I actually have a lot of extra room. Now the weight.. ehh... I don't know about that one;) As I was packing up I realized I was packing up my entire life. All my belongings, minus a few keep-sakes I'm sending home with my parents, are all packed up in two suitcases. Just a little over two months ago I started on my downgrading journey. At the end I completely gave away my entire wardrobe, a big bin of half used toiletries, a garbage bag of shoes, and filled the trashcan with meaningless things I've kept around for the years. Wow. I'm not looking to get a round of kudo's from ya'll but this is monumental for me. I cried the first two trips to the Salvation Army.... I'm not even gonna lie. It was difficult for me to hand over my belonging and get back in the car and drive away. It quite fun, I have to say, to see the girls here at the YWAM base sporting my previously owned clothes.
So here's to a fresh start! Free from junk and free to move about the world where God is calling me!

1 comment:

Amy Reece Spahr said...

SOOOOOOO proud of you!!!!
here's to stuff-free and junk-free living!