29 October 2008

What? You don't tackle in soccer?

I wish there could have been video, or even a picture, of today's after-lunch soccer match. This was my second game of soccer I have ever attempted to play. This is not counting the one time I was pegged in the shin with a soccer ball in middle school that left me in fetal position on the ground. Now I know you can't use your hands to touch the ball, but no one ever told me you couldn't use them to distract your opponent! Today's game consisted of me shoving Michael and Dave all over in attempt to steal the ball. I was proud of myself, too! I kicked less air today than I did yesterday. My eye connects with the ball but my foot doesn't always:) Minhee had an accidental head-butt. If she didn't say, "What was that?" after it I would have thought she was some pro. Berekely got the award for the most falls. As the goalie, she tumbled and plopped all over. She was a great goalie, though. Katie didn't find any invisible, to her, cement benches to fall over, just the ball. It was a fun time. Next time I will have to get someone to take video or pictures so you all can witness the craziness.

No comments: