31 October 2008

I Cannot Be Silent, NO!

"You'll be joining the team in evangelism today, Kristina,"
"Sweet! Where to?"
"The University Campus"
"NooooOOOOooooOOOoooo!!!!"- This is what my heart screamed! I felt a choking coming over me. I panicked. "How can I contract an illness and not go?" I thought to myself. I knew I had a fear, and I knew it was time to build a bridge and get over it. So I did.
I helped lead a team of five of our Discipleship Training School students to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The drive there I was pretty much numb to the fear that would soon arise once again. I don't know what it is about college campus' and university towns. They intimidate me worse than anything on this earth. Once we split into our teams and headed out in the courtyard of the campus, my heart thundered in my chest. If it hadn't been so cold outside I would have most likely been sweating. I did the typical delay method I see so many frequently use; the, "Let's pray for a while"-method. I sat with my team members, we prayed, scoped out our mission field, and began to strategise. Michael, one of the students, wasn't into wasting the one hour we had to bring the Kingdom of God to these college students. He got to it and began talking with many people. By his lead, I got up and started to walk towards a crowd of people. Ugghcckkk, I began to choke again. The fear had rose up in me again. Internally I was fighting a battle between my spirit and my flesh. After a while of this, I finally built that bridge, got over myself and walked up to the first person I saw. The luck one. A guy named Shrenik. He is an exchange student from India. Ka-Ching!! Thank you LORD! I had something in common with this student. We talked a bit about India and then I got to sharing. It went well. He is a devoted Hindu and listened to my heart about my God, Jesus. He told me that someone had already given him a Bible and he would start to read it. I didn't see come to Christ yesterday, but I did see him take one step closer to knowing Him. Praise you Lord! I'm actually looking forward to our next time of evangelism at the University campus:)
I will not let fear choke me, hold me down, and take away the testimony the Lord has put in my mouth. NO, I will NOT be silent!
***
I want to introduce someone to you. Her name is Sassy, my adopted cat from next door. Sassy has been literally by my heal almost everywhere I go here in this neighborhood. She's special:)

3 comments:

Amy Reece Spahr said...

she IS special!

Amy Reece Spahr said...

oh one more thing, you mentioned going into your "shpeal"... hmm, you should rethink that. you sound like youre tryin to sell somethin.. :)

Kristina Schnepf said...

true that! I will change it...