17 October 2008

I lift my eyes up unto the mountains...

Where does my help come from? My help comes from You, Maker of Heaven, You are the only One! Today we went to Black Mountain to go up on the mountain and hear from God. It was a special time for all of us. Personally, God met me. I sat for a while on a large rock on the side of a small stream. I felt the Lord tell me to be more child-like. He loves that about me; my child-like awe. So, I ripped my shoes and socks off and began to trot through the icy water. Leaping from rock to rock, snapping pictures as I went, I was filled with much joy. My friend Amy met me in the stream and anointed me with oil. I felt the presence of God right with me the whole time... I didn't want to leave.


At the Gorge.

Min Hui Worshipping

Chris leading worship @ the Gorge.
Quiet Time
Playing in the River.



My Altar

Zoe got in on the fun in the water too!

Then it was back to life in the valley. This week has been a little rough in the waters of my emotions. I haven't been feeling quite well lately. I started the week off with a fever and it ended with a sore throat. This, feeling under the weather, hasn't helped with un-calm feelings in my heart. I pray for a understanding, that I may grow from this and get on with life.
On a much better note- Amy spent the week here at YWAM-Charlotte. It was great to have her here. I can't wait for more time with her! Continue to check out her blog- http://www.tribespahr.blogspot.com/.

I'm currently loving the song, "Give me Your eyes", by Brandon Heath and "Jesus, Messiah", by Chris Tomlin. Great stuff!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

welcome back to blogger land! i'm glad you had a great day at the gorge! hope you feel better soon!

Amy Reece Spahr said...

i absolutely loooove your pictures!!! you should seriously do a school of photography or something..dont waste that gift! :)
i love you.