16 August 2010

Little Potentials Growing

I heard a little boy ask the other little kids at his table today, "Who here passed to the next grade last year?" Each child looked at him with a confused look and all raised their hands to show they passed. The little boy then said, "Well I failed... again."

Hearing this boy take a pole amongst his piers stabbed my heart. It's like he just came to terms that he was labeled a failure and pinned it on his shirt. doesn't he see that he has potential to do big things?? If anything, in these next 5 months I will make it a point to show him that he is not a failure and help him any way possible to succeed.

All the children I work with are little potentials growing. Some of them are strong and sturdy, while others are wilting and a bit fragile. Anyone who works with, takes care of or is around children can feed these potentials with encouragement, truth and a good attitude. I just want to see this next generation succeed and grow up to live extravagant lives!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

okay, I could cry for that little boy. that hurts my heart.