04 April 2010

Re-Adjusting to life back home...

It's been four months since my last post. I didn't forget about the blog or decide to go on a hiatus... I just haven't had the words to type...

I moved back home a month ago today. Man, how time flies! Sometimes I think back on my 5 months in India and wonder if it was all just a dream, and then there are times I think back on it and it feels as if I was just laying in the living room with Manju (a 7 year old Nepali girl) laying on my back. Re-entry was the most awkward thing this time. My usual time out of the country is 1-2 months, max. But after 5 months, my mind, body and way of thinking was all jumbled. Food tasted funny, technology seemed luxurious, people changed, I had changed, my clothes hung off me, there was all this talk about a health care bill, I missed the brown skinned Indian folk and their fun accents, people didn't understand the head bobble, and then there was Wal Mart.

Although India did not work out long term for me, I am staying optimistic about the future. I will stay in missions- YWAM preferably. I will keep you posted on my next step. I have a window of opportunity to do something big with my life! So here's to the future... see you soon:)
Manju and Kristina dhi dhi
Every time I laid on the couch, Manju would find herself comfy on my back

No comments: