09 November 2009

Things I love about India

I've been here in India for a month now and have begun to love some random, different things. Here is a list, in no particular order, of things that make me smile and that I love-

1. The after-the-train-head-on-rampage. Once the train passes its a head on race to the other side. It looks impossible to navigate ourselves through, but somehow we always make it through alive:)

2. People freezing in 70's weather. When the sun goes down, or doesn't peak through the clouds, the coats and ear muffs come out.

3. Chai time! There is never a bad time for chai!

4. The rooftops! I think all houses everywhere should have a roof top to retreat to. It's a great place to watch the sun rise and set over Hyderabad. Great quiet time place too:)

5. The way the Indians say the "le" or "el" sound. For example, "shovel" and "little". Oh I just love it!

6. Terms of endearment. Whether its Akka, Anna, Bhiyya, or Auntie I love how we call everyone something sweet.

7. Curd! It doesn't matter how spicy the food just pour some curd on it and it's fabulous!

Well, I hope to post some pictures soon! Love you all!

1 comment:

DirtyDsTs.com said...

Aren't there only like 2 toilets per 100,000 people there?