24 September 2009

Butterflies!

Yesterday I had an intense case of the butterflies! I was so tired but every time I tried to lay down I was awoken from their flutters. Three weeks from today I will be in a jet-lagged stupor smelling the Indian air and enjoying a delicious cup of Vijaya's chai. Oh no, the butterflies are back.
I keep imagining what it's going to feel like when I say my final good bye in the Charlotte airport or when Amy and I take off together from New York straight to Hyderabad. It's not a new chapter in life... but a whole new book! I can foresee many tears and urges to break out in a dance and song from this bitter sweet time. I can't wait!

PS- Tomorrow I am breaking down and getting a pedicure. These dogs have been neglected for far too long... I pity the person who has to work on these lovely feet... she might get a bigger tip;)

No comments: