16 June 2009

Here I am!

My hiatus from the blogger world has come to en end! I've been super busy these past few weeks... and that's no lie. Allow me to catch you up on life. As of last month I am currently the employee of three organizations/company's. My first, and most important of course, is YWAM. I am still living and working with my YWAM-Charlotte family. I actually run the kitchen for the singles and the occasional birthday get-togethers. Cooking is one of the many things I learned at YWAM... oh, growing up:) I also have the fabulous job of being an associate at Bath and Body Works in our local Small (short for small mall). Talking to people about fragrances and being smiley and cheery... yeah, I like it. I do have to say, however, I have become the biggest sweet talker, though. There are some scents we have that just smell like pure moth balls. But when a customer is just beaming over her selection, I have to so joyfully exclaim, "What a great choice! Doesn't it just smell lovely?" as I am suffocating from it's overwhelming stench. All in all I really love the job working at Bath and Body Works. Lastly, I also am employed at a place called the ARC of Union County. I work with Jackson, my base directors 17 year old son. Jackson has autism and I have the privilege to take him out for some fun and recreation. The other day he and I put together a grill my brother sent to me. We then made and grilled some amazing bacon, cheddar burgers! He and I can whip up some great treats in the kitchen. You may be asking why I am working. Good question. I am only working for the summer to save money to pay off a credit card I have and to save money for my upcoming move to India.
I have a big change coming up and I'm trying to prepare myself the best I can. I just don't kow if I'm doing it well enough. Agh.
I think I've already written you a novel. I need to save some for the newsletter coming out soon! Now it's time to put myself to bed and get rest for another busy day in the life of me:)

No comments: