25 January 2009

Journey to India (in a nutshell)

It seems like forever since I've updated you all! We've been up to so much... so here is an update in a nutshell...

My heart has been twisted in some many directions. I ache for the people here in India. My heart loves to be here. I feel home. Last week we traveled to Bangalore for 10 days. Our first ministry we worked with was called, "Home of Hope". Check out this video. This is about what we did while we were there- (note- It's extremely graphic)



We have been doing a lot of work in the slums. We go in and work with the children for the first part and then we make house visits to pray with families. It is such an experience to be able to go into these tiny shacks and talk with the people about there lives, intimately! At one slum, praise be to the LORD, we saw TWO HEALINGS!!!! Two girls were healed of partial deafness. We took them to their parents to test. It was a miracle! I was privileged to be apart of that moment.

On a personal note, I am doing better with my health. I am still dealing with some chest congestion and a bad cough. Please keep me in prayer for that. I am having a blast being here in India. I think the more I spend time here and get down and dirty the more I yearn to be here permanently. Maybe one day:)

Last night as I was going to sleep I thought of all my supporters and the people praying for me. I want you to know that I am very thankful for you and I think and pray about you often. I would not be able to be here doing Gods work without your sacrifice. Thank you!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

fishtina! i'm so glad that india feels like home to you! i pray your last month there is as great as the first. we love you and miss you.

Vickie said...

Thank you for posting! I am so proud of you and the work you are doing! Continue to press in, allow the Holy Spirit to refresh you! You go Girl! I love you!