28 December 2008

Isn't He lovely?

I am sitting here trying to make a list of things that I need to get done before I leave for India and I just can't get past the fact that God is faithful. It's His nature; it's just who He is. Here's what is making me ga-ga over this incredible, ever-conscience God of mine...

I came home to Florida for a short visit for Christmas. I knew I'd be busy spending quality time with my family (and yes, watching super hero movies with gramps is quality time). But I had this burden weighing me down from totally enjoying my time. I needed $1000. Quick. I hadn't bought my ticket for India, but I had the word; the solid word, that I was to go. The first full day being home I received a call from, Bobbie, an elderly woman whom I have known for years in my church. 

She said, "Is this Kristina? Good. Because the Lord has had favor on me and now wants to have favor on you. I am donating $500 to your fund for India." 

I couldn't  believe my ears! What? $500? Half of what I need? Can this be? I must have thanked her ten million times. We chatted for a bit and that was that. Talk about a faith booster. Well, that wasn't the half of it.

(a few hours later)

"Kristina?" I heard Bobbies voice on the other end of the phone.
"Now listen. I was talking with Hilda (her sister) and she wants to donate to you too. She will give $200, making the total $700."

WHAT?! $700? This was still day one of being home. Three days before Christmas. I was beginning to see the light at the end of this long, dark hopeless tunnel. Faith was just oozing out of me. I was able to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas day without the fear of God not providing. But wait, that's not the end of the story!

"Kristina?" Yes, it was Bobbie once again. "Tomorrow at church I am turning in your check to be sent to you. My sister wants to make her donation the same as mine so the check will be for $1000."

By this time I was a pile of flub on the floor. 

I must have thanked Bobbies ear off. I did not know how else to communicate my gratitude. If she were in front of me I probably would have squeezed her so tight she'd bust. 

Because she heard God speak, I am going to India. Because I have awesome friends who believe in me, I get to experience a promise. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

In just 3 days I will be packing up and boarding the first flight to Hyderabad, India. Please be praying for me and the 17 other people coming along. I will keep you updated!

**My hope is to be able to periodically update my blog as I'm in India. Stay tuned for some exciting news!

3 comments:

Karyn said...

Yay! As Dan Baumann would say... "Go God!" I'm so excited for you Fishtina! And a very encouraging story! And how wonderful that Bobbie and her sister listen to the voice of God each time He speaks.

Amy Reece Spahr said...

hearing this for the 2nd time gave me goose bumps! i love it. God IS faithful! cant wait to hear about your trip...im gonna faithfully pray you guys.

Amy Reece Spahr said...

oh yeah.. my prayers.. they will most likely be in a language i dont understand.. but God does, so its all good :)