05 March 2008

One.


Some street boys in India. One day, I pray they will have a relationship with Jesus!
********************
I was asked the question, "Are you stuck in relationship with the Lord, or are you intimate with Him?"
"Hmm." I thought to myself. I totally could answer that question with a big fat, "YES! Yes, I am stuck in relationship with God and I do not know how to be intimate with Him!" Just then it hit me. That word I got the other day for my friend Amy. It was a simple word. It didn't really make sense at the time, but nonetheless it was a powerful message God was trying to speak to me. The word was, "One." It was followed by the phrase, "One day at a time." There it was... a simple word as a simple solution to my problem of becoming intimate with God!
See, an intimate relationship is not developed over night. Think of your strongest relationships you have in your life right now. Not one of them just happened in an instant, right? It takes time. It takes a willingness to be with and get to know that person. It takes sacrifice. This is the same with the intimate relationship the Lord wants with us. Not rushing things, yet taking it one day at a time. It's gonna take some time to get there, but it will be totally worth it. Will you take this, "One day at a time" journey with me?

No comments: